Thursday, May 31, 2012

Paint-A-Wish

I know I've talked about this before.
Paint-A-Wish.
A program my sister and I direct
These activities give families with Chronic diseases the 
opportunity to gather together and know that they're not alone. 

usually my position covers organizing 
but today I was able to sit with the children and just play
Those kids, no matter their conditions, are the strongest and smartest children I know.
They know everything about their conditions

try saying  glycosaminoglycans 3 times

 Highlights:

It was so nice seeing the moms having girl talk,
...not something that happens on a daily, no wait, monthly basis. 
the kids were high-fiving because they found out they both can't take in sugar
The dads got off work early to just help the kids make 
structures, boats, planes, and art projects. 

I mean, it doesn't hurt having multiple 7 yr old boyfriends hahaha
That's right. every girl but me has cooties. 
what an honor haha. 

emptying a pool with pitchers.. also quite the adventure. 

These kids are the sweetest spirits I know
I am so blessed to know them personally and learn about them.

xoxo VivianDanella
 


No comments:

Post a Comment